Monday, February 16, 2009

Magical Disneyland

Our first day in Disneyland - we ate breakfast at the Storytellers Cafe in the California Adventure Hotel. It was awesome. I had only been to Disneyland one day before with my kids when Margaret was 5, now she's 12. It was a magical trip back then and it was just as good this time around. Character breakfasts are my favorite.! So we made sure to fit some in. I love that we all eat really well (it's usually a buffet) and the characters come to you. I feel like we can kill two birds with one stone. I do really need to brush up on my disney characters before our next trip - I can't seem to keep them all straight.
Matthew's experience was a combination of reality and fantasy and not knowing what's in between. He would tend to get really big eyes when visitors would come around to the table.




We played mostly at California Adventure the first day. The kids love the Tower of Terror, Midway Mania, Maliboomer, and the Screamer. It rained and rained on Monday. We got soaked through our commemorative ponchos. It was so fun - we were happy to be on vacation.
Midway Mania.

The lady bug ride @ Bug's land.


The next day, we met the Horton's and another family at Minnie's House for another Character Breakfast. So fun! the kids had a great time with the Hula lesson and being entertained by Lilo and Stitch.






The older kids and I headed out to ride some 'big kids' rides. Such a great day, just a little rain but nice weather overall.
Long waits.

Mr Incredible, my hero.

Wall-E
We ended the day with watching the awesome show at Tom Sawyers Island - Fantasmo. It was Fantasmastic! It was so fun meeting up with friends and trading kids and eating lunch together etc. Disneyland - it's a do-over!

1 comment:

The Egg Basket said...

I loved the Tower of Terror - but my girls not so much. You see, yes, they might have been tall enough to ride that ride, but they were really just very tall 3 year olds. Oh well, it'll make good fodder for therapy when they're older. Moral of the story: Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I love your family. So much fun!