Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jonathan's 11th Birthday

For Winter Break this year we drove to California. It was a great trip. We arrived at the Newport Beach Marriott Villas on Valentines Day and the next day (Sunday) happened to be Jonathan's birthday. He turned 11. I am so proud of Jonathan. He is such a good student. He helps around the house. He earned his Webelos badge recently. He has the best smile around. He tries hard to do things he should. He's great on the viola and the piano. I am so grateful for him.

We went to church and stopped next door at the Newport Beach Temple. So beautiful!



Near Newport Beach is Crystal Cove. We stopped there and played before we headed back for cake and presents. Many locals wore ear muffs and boots. It felt warm to us and even swam in the ocean, I think we were the only ones. This was our only day at the beach, we wished we'd had a few more.



Birthday hug from Dad.

We had ice cream cake and trick candles. But in the end I think the trick was on me. I thought for sure that the fire sprinklers were going to go off. But they didn't.

No comments: