
We hiked up to the Norton Lakes in the Sawtooth recreation area. Our first family backpacking trip. It was really hard. 2 1/2 miles up that took us 2 1/2 hours to get to the lake. We had a great camp site over looking the lake. We hiked up the next day to the upper lake. It was equally as beautiful. I was surprised how much snow there was.

We caught a fish or two. I think the kids enjoyed that the most. The weather was not too uncomfortable and it rained a little each night.
We learned a few things on this trip. Apparently it is really difficult to carry apack if you are 4. Brad and I took turns carrying Katie's pack while she carried Ben's and Ben carried Matthews. We'll see if we do this again soon enough to get the benefits of previous experience.

No comments:
Post a Comment