Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas


Our Christmas this year turned out pretty great. I am always afraid of the kids getting disappointed or missing a neighbor or forgetting where I put a present or.... The Holidays can be full of unpredictable events and emotions. Somehow this year seemed to go rather smoothly and be rather memorable.
Aside from the busyness of all the december events I found myself enjoying the holidays. On Christmas Eve we went cross country skiing with Dianne and Devon. Then we headed back to the house for Christmas Eve dinner. Brad's parents were able to join us. We opened presents and the kids had new pajamas to wear to bed.
Christmas morning was a great time of enjoying what santa brought. It included guitar hero and there was not much crying. It looked like I was heading toward making it through the holidays.
We went to the Hales home Christmas Day in the evening and had a fun time together eating and singing and enjoying each others company. The Rolfsons and Scott and Amy were in town.
The day after christmas Maggie and Katie and I enjoyed afternoon tea with the Farrell family at Grand America. It was really fun.

That evening we went to my parents house for the Christensen Family christmas party. We ate and sang and did our traditional 'Christmas Pie'.

I have many favorite things about Christmas. Breakfast casserole. Snow storms and warm fires. Hot chocolate and gingerbread houses. I love See's candies (nuts and chews). The Christmas Play(s) and the TV christmas specials. Playing games and doing puzzles. Seeing family and friends. Yule Logs. Gift giving and receiving. The Messiah Sing-in, Christmas eve dinners and family parties. Guests coming to visit. Sledding and yurts. Putting up the christmas lights. Cutting down a christmas tree.

This will be a hard year to out-do. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Martines Family said...

fun get togethers. Love all the family cuteness and traditions!! Thanks for all the updates... I feel so connected.