Sunday, November 2, 2008

Maui

Brad and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Maui during Brad's meeting. These cranes were walking around the hotel gardens, it was really beautful. It was the best vacation he and I have ever been on together. Maui was beautiful and I loved meeting Brad during his morning break for smoothies at the pool.
The weather and sunsets were heavenly and we spent alot of time doing nothing. Just sitting by the pool reading a book. The sun felt so hot. The pool was refreshing and I am glad Brad made me get in the ocean before we left. It was so nice.
We attempted to go on a drive - the road to Hana. 56miles of winding road and beautiful scenery. We didn't quite make it. After about 30 miles we turned around and headed back. Brad jokes that it is the first time he has gotten car sick while driving the car. Perhaps next time we will make it to the 7 sacred pools.
It was so rejuvenating. Just being together. I didn't know that I had forgotten what it felt like to be in love. I sat talking to Brad thinking to myself - I love being with Brad and I don't think I could ever get tired of talking with him. He is so happyand has a good sense of humor and I like knowing whats on his mind.
Our flight out there was a treat, we sat delayed in the airport for several hours before we finally changed flights which had us going through LA then to Honolulu then to Maui but when we got to LA we were able to switch to a direct flight to Maui. Our luggage eventually ended up with us after a day or two. We arrived Saturday and I was hoping to go to church on Sunday but didn't have a dress (hence the luggage). So Sunday AM I went down to one of the shops and bought a skirt and made it to the church just in time to be told it was stake conference - at a chapel on the other side of the island. So the moral of the story - don't shop on Sunday.
I hope we can make it to Hawaii again. I do love it - for so many reasons! ALOHA.

No comments: